The City of Dallas is one of the most visited destinations in the great state of Texas and for good reason! Boasting a large arts district, world class restaurants, major league sporting events and a host of other offerings. Dallas is also notable in history, not only for the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, but also for the fact that Dallas has an almost mythical involvement in the Civil Rights Movement.
Visit Dallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization that exists to promote Dallas as a business and pleasure destination. What the organization realized is that the City did not promote Dallas as a destination rich in Civil Rights History. Visit Dallas began a search for a Marketing Consulting firm who could strategically develop a brand philosophy and process to promote Dallas as a Civil Right History destination.
One of our clients; JBJ Management is profoundly respected in the City as an African American owned company deeply immersed in the community and its history. We pride ourselves with a diverse and knowledgeable staff of ranging viewpoints, creating a uniqueness that allows us to offer unparalleled knowledge and consultation when navigating the community and political matrix. Our company experience and background along with JBJ allowed us to work in partnership with Visit Dallas to create a Civil Rights tour including:
• Historical Narrative of the African American journey to Dallas and North Texas after slavery, through the Civil Rights era and the election of the first African American mayor, Ron Kirk
• Directory of civil rights landmarks with descriptions, their importance to the African American story and high-resolution images with complete usage rights
• Listing of civil rights leaders with bios and high-resolution images and usage rights
• Videos that highlight the African American story in Dallas and include a slideshow of images of landmarks and people
• A Tour Guide Book and Brochure that includes a map, historical narrative, tour information, and original blog post on landmarks/leaders
• One and two-day itineraries for individuals who want to experience a Civil Rights Tour on their own
Historical Narrative | Videos | Tour Guide Booklet & Brochure
As indicated, JBJ Management & AJ Creative Agency worked in partnership with Visit Dallas to brand Dallas as a Civil Rights History destination.
The complete program was implemented during Black History Month so that visitors will be able to enjoy this most fascinating exhibition of an important part of the story of Dallas and North Texas. The Visit Dallas organization has already been amazed that we exceeded their expectations.